22 April 2014

New Tohaa Clipsos Infiltrator Sniper Model

Couple of days ago it was the Morat special weapons box, now we get another new missing weapon option model, this time for the Tohaa Clipsos Infilitrator.


I don't think it's the most imaginative pose ever, but as far as the sculpt and details go it's another top effort from CB. In my mind I associate the Clipsos with female Tohaa simply as only one other model exists for them, and it's a laydee. So I'd be lying if I didn't look twice to check it was a dude this time.

I love how the model has a slightly more solid, powerful feel to it compared to the lithe female assassin-type model in the starter box, and I can already see myself enjoying painting up the armour and details. The face is great too, fitting the mold of the more scary Tohaa faces the CB seems to opt for on the none-female Tohaa models. Almost mask-like in it's expression.

Not an earth shattering release, but certainly one I'll be buying ASAP since funnily enough I've been building twin Clipsos and twin Gao-Rael lists recently with yes, you've guessed it, two flavours of sniper in them.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, good ole foot on a rock pose. Still looks good though with that combo of banded armor and cloak. Though the bottom of the cloak flowing outward while the model is in such a static pose does seem a little off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the cloak does look odd in that photo, not noticed it before... some of the other pictures make it look less billowy more like it's open instead? Hard to tell.

      Delete
  2. Can't say I really like this model. When Tohaa first came out, CB announced that Jose Luis Roig would be sculpting all of them. He is really quite good. This Clipsos is sculpted by Pedro Fernandez, who IMO is the weakest of CB's sculptors. The issue being, that Pedro lacks a solid grouping in anatomy. His sculpts often have oddly posed feet, arms that are too long, and so on. Just look at the Druzes as an example.

    This Clipsos is a step up for Pedro, but the arms are a little long (something odd going on with the way it is posed) and the cloak is just bad. Please CB, keep Jose doing the Tohaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I thought the arms looked a little short? But I really like the model, like I say it's not earth shatteringly great but I'll happily add it to my Tohaa.

      Delete
    2. Yeah here they are too short. Pedro just kinda sucks at anatomy.

      Delete