28 April 2014

Review Of Antenocitis Workshop Future Car Interceptor

Not a post title that trips off the tongue... but I thought I'd do another review, this time of Antenocitis' Workshop Future Car Interceptor. It's a solid resin cyberpunk themed police car that sells for £9.75, which to be honest I think is pretty darn good.


It comes in a pretty big plastic clamshell pack, nicely produced cardboard inserts, and with the spoiler and wing mirrors in a separate little bag.I also bought the standard Future Car model too at the same time, and comes similarly packaged and presented.

The quality of the resin cast is very good, not excellent, but I'd still say way better than a lot of other resin models I've bought and easily on a par with anything the likes of Forgeworld produce. Very little flash, no mold lines, and crucially for a block of resin this big (take note Forgeworld) no whopping big tabs of resin to cut off. Seriously, it can't be that hard to present your resin products without expecting the consumer to use a chainsaw to remove a 3lb stub of solid resin from their model? Well Antenocitis Workshop don't think so, as this came virtually ready for paint.

The underside, the underneath of the bumpers, and the space between the wheel and the fenders, did need some filing to remove some thicker flash. But it was under10mins from opening, cleaning, washing, to assembly. Brilliant stuff.

The model itself is very good indeed. The police interceptor car has a lovely detailed open engine bay area that's quite reminiscent of the DeLorean in Back To The Future 2; with the overall design of the car like a squashed Audi TT. It's not covered in detail, but what it has is just about right. Side vents, add-on wing mirrors and spoiler, the engine bay, and various little vents and slots give it plenty of character. I think the civilian car suffers a little in comparison as it lacks many of these details whilst retaining the same overall shape and design.

Criticisms? The tyres in my opinion are far too thin, space cop car or not and the resin is semi-translucent in places as a result. Also I think just a couple more small details like door handles/controls or front lights would add something to the overall super-minimalist shape. But they're mostly personal preferences in terms of the aesthetics. A great idea, especially considering AW are branching out into larger scale productions of Infinity friendly vehicles; would be decal sets to go with them - a couple of large 'POLICE' decals and a serial number or two would add immensely to this model.

Overall a really nice purchase and I'm going order a few more vehicles from AW this week. Partly because they look great in a game when you have a unit in cover behind one; but also because AW announced a few weeks ago this range of vehicles would be discontinued, clearly in the wake of a much more tailored range of models that are coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. Man, again, I'm torn. I really like those cars and could see myself picking up a variety to help fill out scatter on an urban table built with a display/demo layout, but all that goodness would just break my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to just put my hand in my pocket for terrain as my local club has a rather severe dose of GW bias, so any requests to get some Infinity terrain have been ignored. So I just see it as a necessary evil. Having said that, I'd kill to be able to build my own stuff like Scarecrow etc.

      Delete
    2. Awesome kit, may I ask how wide it is? I am thinking of getting one myself.

      Delete
  2. Provide online booking of taxi services must visit this site
    tunbridge wells taxi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very nervous initially as had only purchased my previous cars from a garage .However I was contacted regularly with updates of delivery dates and my vehicle was duly delivered on time.i would not hesitate recommending them to family and friends. GB Car Deals

    ReplyDelete